Hughes 9502 BGAN M2M One Piece Terminal
Hughes 9502 BGAN M2M Integrated Antenna Satellite Data Management Terminal- One Piece
The world’s most advanced, all-IP, BGAN machine-to-machine satellite terminal with integrated antenna and highest IP-66 ingress protection industry rating for outdoor installation. Reliable, Compact, Affordable & Best in class.
The Hughes 9502 One Piece M2M BGAN is as an alternative to the external antenna version of the 9502, this product integrates the 9502 modem with a compact antenna to create a single-piece, integrated, rugged terminal to withstand the most extreme weather conditions. Providing reliable IP connectivity over the Inmarsat Broadband Global Area Network (BGAN), it includes backup and out-of-band management to primary site communications. This terminal is ideal for SCADA and unattended sites equipped for machine-to-machine (M2M) applications such as environmental monitoring, SmartGrid, pipeline monitoring/ control, compressor monitoring/control, well site automation and surveillance.
“Always on” IP Connectivity
Its exceptional low power consumption (<1W idle) makes it possible to provide end-to-end IP connectivity to sites “off-the- grid”. This breakthrough enables “always on” IP connectivity to powerchallenged locations which rely upon solar-battery arrays with limited power budgets.
The new M2M service does not bill for overhead data related to establishing or reestablishing a connection to the BGAN satellite network, keeping service costs extremely lower than traditional BGAN services for low-bandwidth applications. This breakthrough provides end-to-end IP connectivity to power-challenged locations that rely upon solar battery arrays involving sensitive power budgets.
Installation is simplified as there is no need to remotely package the transceiver inside a standalone NEMA enclosure. A laptop is convenient for pointing the Hughes 9502, however it is not required. Many installations may be in awkward locations, such as on a pole or building side. In these cases, a pair of headphones use the audio port of the 9502 for and audible signal strength tone for pointing. We recommend the Huges 9502 be configured to operate with connected equipment prior to remote installation. So during installation, the only action required is mounting and pointing. Excellent for non-trained personnel, or for installers who don’t wish to contend with a laptop.
The Hughes 9502 includes 10 meters of RF cabling, granting the user freedom to position the antenna remotely and away from the transceiver in complex installations while securing the SIM card inside a premise or enclosure to better protect against unauthorized use, theft, and vandalism.
Future firmware releases would be uncommon, meanwhile any such modem update will qualify for no charge over-the-air (OTA) upgrades saving customers time and money.
Hughes 9502 is Available Four Styles: All identical in operation
- Standard One-Piece: Do not requires enclosure for the 9502 transceiver since it’s mounted behind the antenna.
- Standard, One-Piece (C1-D2) Complaint: Designed for hazardous locations such as petroleum refineries, and gasoline dispensing areas where flammable safety is the main concern. This 9502 operates identically to the standard 9502 terminal.
- Standard, Two-Piece: Comes in two pieces with external antenna
- Standard, Two-Piece (C1-D2) Complaint,: Designed for hazardous locations such as petroleum refineries, and gasoline dispensing areas where flammable safety is the main concern. This 9502 operates identically to the standard 9502 terminal.
- No minimum connection charge
- Minimum billing increment of 1 Kbyte
- No usage charge for over-the-air modem software upgrades
- Integrated IP Watchdog to ensure “always-on” network connectivity. No manual intervention required to recover from an outage
- Auto-on/auto-context activation automatically restores power and PDP connection to itself following loss of power and/or IP connection
- Remote control via SMS provides management platform for command and control to the terminal using SMS, including configuration, debugging, and remote access to Web interface
- Relay mode passes WAN IP address to the RTU
- Security enhancements with extended layers of embedded security options
- Basic installation; no PC required
- Built-in GPS receiver
- The Hughes M2M terminal is BGAN M2M Certified
- Idle: < 1W
- Transmit; < 20W
- Receive: < 3W
- Ethernet connection (RJ45)
- USB Type B for connection to PC for configuration of terminal
- RS-232 (DB9) to external NMEA 0183-based GNSS device (e.g., GLONASS receiver)
Box Contents for Hughes 9502 BGAN M2M Terminal – One Piece
Hughes 9502 chassis
IP‐56 housing with end caps
Accessories – Not Included
- 9502 Basic Fix Mount Kit: Used to mount 9502 external antenna. Includes: Fix mount stand, ground cable, level, and installation guide.
- Antenna azimuth elevation bracket: Used to mount the external antenna or NEMA 4X enclosure onto a 1.6” or 2.0″diameter pole
- Mechanical spare parts kit
System & Coverage
The Inmarsat network is also a global system and consists of 3 Geosynchronous (Stationary, or Fixed in one position) satellites set on the equator thousands of miles above the earth. Because of the fact that the satellites are GEO, or fixed satellites, which means that they do not move from their set position, whereas LEO satellites are constantly moving. This makes it so that the equipment needs to be pointed directly at the satellite to register on the network.
Standard HNS 9502 One Piece: 3500753-0021
C1/D2 compliant HNS 9502 One Piece: 3500753‐0022
Satellite Transmit Frequency 1626.5–1660.5 MHz
Satellite Receive Frequency 1525–1559 MHz
GPS Frequency 1574.42–1576.42 MHz
Weight 3.8 Kg (8.4 lbs)
Dimensions 275 mm x 275 mm x 84 mm
Operating Temperature -40° C to +75° C
Storage Temperature -55° C to +75° C
Humidity 95% RH at +40° C
Wind Loading Survival wind loading (with optional
mount) up to 100 mph
ODU Water and Dust IP-66 Compliant
Input Voltage +12 Vdc/+24 Vdc nominal
Firmware Upgrades Over the air or local